BPTW is an established design-led practice with a successful track record delivering major regeneration schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed use sectors.
We are an award winning AJ100-listed, CIAT, RTPI and RIBA Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top Architectural employers in the UK by BD and Building Magazine over multiple years. We are a lively and sociable practice of over 130 people with studios in London and the Midlands. We take the development and well-being of our staff seriously, and offer great career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities, and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, passionate about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for a highly motivated Business Development and Marketing Assistant to support our BD and Marketing Team in implementing business development, public relations and marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the team in the full range of BD and marketing activities. The role will involve co-ordinating events, writing, creating and co-ordinating high-quality bid documents for tender submissions, PR, e-communications and social media, internal and external communications and general marketing administration.
You must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, should be self-motivated, organised and be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Applicants must be educated to degree level, as well as possessing strong writing or organisational skills. Knowledge or experience within the architecture, construction or related fields would be a distinct advantage and, although not essential, experience in InDesign would also be an advantage.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic and creative aptitude
- Works with initiative and unsupervised
- Works well within a team environment
- Works to strict deadlines and can coordinate a multitude of tasks effectively
- Comfortable communicating at partner level and with senior members of staff
- Educated to degree level in English, marketing, communications, business, business administration or similar field
- Experience in writing and editing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience with e-communications
- Experienced in using social media channels such as LinkedIn and twitter
- Experience with client relations and business development programmes
- Experience working on bids and fee proposals
- Experience in the architectural, design or construction industry
- Previous experience of internal/external communications
- Previous experience of event coordination
- Proficient in InDesign
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with Marketing & Business Development activities within the practice
- Assist with bid and tender submissions
- Producing project marketing communications material
- Event co-ordination
- Undertake day to day business and marketing administration duties
- Creating photography briefs
- Assist with creation of presentations
- Management of external events and invites for senior members of staff
- Writing and content creation for web, e-marketing and social media
- Undertaking internal communications and writing for external communications
- Implement and co-ordinate corporate and project-specific award submissions
- Assist in developing media relations and creation of press releases
- Assisting with written communications for business development purposes, when required
- Develop and build industry specific relationships externally
- Liaise with external PR consultants
- Liaise with the BD and Marketing team and partners on new business development opportunities and assist with the development of these
You will report to the Bids and Marketing Manager
This is an opportunity to join a social and dynamic multi-disciplinary practice. We offer scope for career development and excellent benefits including a Health scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, annual bonuses and salary reviews, medical cover, pension contribution and regular social events. The post is considered to be a full time position. The salary band is flexible based on experience.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
24k – 28k depending on experience
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Business Development and Marketing Assistant”