Based in Greenwich, South East London, BPTW are award-winning architects and urban designers specialising in residential-led development and mixed-use regeneration projects. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are a lively and sociable practice of over 120 people, an AJ100-listed practice and have been recognised as one of the top Architectural employers in the UK by BD and Building Magazine over multiple years. Our values guide the way we work and interact with clients, partners, local communities, and with each other: collaborative; passionate; nurturing; creative; respectful; and sociable. Promoted across the practice, these are an intrinsic part of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with a wheelchair accessible studio and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Passionate about Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, we have a dedicated EDI group, active career development programmes and a commitment to delivering social value in our work.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced BIM Coordinator.
The role involves working with our Architectural teams to support Revit use and BIM delivery on projects. Our BIM Coordinators also participate in our practice-wide training programme, by giving training and responding to queries. The successful candidate will also assist with providing BIM services to our clients, where BPTW are acting as Information Managers.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator and be comfortable working with people at all levels. Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills will be required to work alongside multiple teams, across varying projects with sometimes competing deadlines.
We will also consider applications from individuals with an Architectural or Technical background (e.g. Architectural Technologist) who are looking to change career path. We will also be open to considering applications from candidates looking to work part time.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a similar role with a similar level of experience.
- Expert level of knowledge in AutoDesk Revit and associated software under the AutoDesk AEC suite.
- Background in architectural design with working knowledge and experience.
- Working knowledge of clash detection software such as Navisworks.
- Experience and highly skilled in training staff in Revit use.
- The ability to be proactive and work on own initiative.
- Highly adaptive and organised, with the ability to efficiently prioritise tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in Dynamo.
- Familiarity with COBie and IFC, preferably with practical experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working to ISO19650 standards and experience of project BIM delivery.
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide technical Revit/BIM support on architectural projects. Supporting Design groups as required with drawing tasks and schedule preparation in Revit and CAD.
- Setup Revit projects using office standards and templates.
- Troubleshooting issues with models and drawing files. Creating family content and maintain/develop library.
- Carry out regular project model reviews and audits to ensure adherence to office standards and feedback to project team members and design technology Partner.
- Assist with project kick-off including creation of BIM Execution Plan/Project Delivery Plans working with architectural teams. Support and disseminate the information requirements to the project team and keep records of projects and associated design tools being used.
- Ensure models conform with BPTW Revit/BIM standards/methods and processes.
- Provide training to architectural staff in software use and methods/processes.
- Support external and internal stakeholders regarding any technical issues and improvement suggestions.
- Carry out clash detection and chair project team workshop meetings working with BIM team.
- Develop and continually improve office Revit standards and procedures. To include research and reporting on potential implementation of new technologies and software.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and suitability.
BPTW staff have access to a range of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free financial advice
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Allowances for continuous professional development
- Annual salary reviews
The role is based in our studios in Greenwich, London.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter. Use the subject title ‘BIM Coordinator’.
Your cover letter should detail your relevant experience, personal attributes and skills. Please refer to the essential skills, knowledge and experience criteria listed in the job description.
You can also include details of any other experience or knowledge you feel is relevant to the role.
Please note we are unable to support applications that require current or future employment visa sponsorship.
Please clearly state your right to work in the UK on your application.