BPTW is an award-winning architectural design practice specialising in mixed tenure residential development and working with local communities. We are a lively and sociable design-led practice of over 130 people with our main studio in West Greenwich, London.
We have a successful track record delivering schemes varying in size from relatively small projects to the re-planning of entire neighbourhoods, and are market leaders in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed-use sectors. With specialisms in Architecture, Planning and BIM services, we take the development and wellbeing of our staff seriously, offering great career development opportunities and roles. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an award winning AJ100-listed, RIBA, CIAT and RTPI chartered practice, and were named ‘Architectural Employer of the Year’ at Building Design’s Architect of the Year Awards 2021. Our values guide the way we work and interact with our clients, partners, local communities, and with each other: collaborative; passionate; nurturing; creative; respectful; and sociable. Promoted across the practice, these are an intrinsic part of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are seeking self-motivated Architectural Technologists who are looking to work in a CIAT registered London based architectural studio. The successful candidate should have relevant experience working within a UK architectural environment.
Excellent communication skills are essential as the role will require liaison with clients and consultants. Our office operates in a unique studio environment, so it is imperative that you are comfortable and effective working within teams. You should be motivated and demonstrate ambition and initiative to work with minimal supervision. Your role will require the ability to work to deadlines and carrying out multiple tasks.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Technical knowledge of current UK Building and CDM Regulations
- Experience in preparation of technical delivery drawings
- Working knowledge and experience of RIBA work stages, predominately 3-6
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- Strong design awareness
- Strong technical detailing ability
- Aware of responsibilities under RIBA, CIAT and ARB Codes of Conduct
- Evidence of a right to work in the UK
- REVIT (intermediate user)
- NBS Chorus Specification – an advantage
- MS Office
- Drawing and sketching architectural and interior design solutions by hand
- Modelling schemes in BIM (REVIT)
- Producing complex and detailed architectural drawings from the REVITmodel
- Producing schedules from the REVIT model
- Document control of incoming third-party material
- Document control of design information for external issue
- Independently developing 2D technical construction details
- Independently researching appropriate products, materials etc
- Drafting NBS specifications, researching products and construction methods
- Participating in, and contributing to, team meetings and design workshops
- Participating in, and contributing to, internal CPD presentations
You will report to the Architectural Director/Partner
London is an exciting, creative place to work, but we recognise the financial pressures facing students starting their career and the cost involved in living and working here. Negotiable based on experience, we offer a competitive starting salary plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
The post is a full-time position. The salary band is flexible based on experience.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
To apply please send us a letter by email to email@example.com with details of your experience, qualification level and current location. When emailing please include in the subject line the role you are apply for e.g. ‘Architectural Technologist’.
- A copy of your CV
- A selection of your work (no more than 6 digital A3/A4 pages).
Please also clearly state your right to work in the UK in your application. Please note we are currently unable to support applications that require current or future employment visa sponsorship.
Further information is available at firstname.lastname@example.org