BPTW is an established design-led practice with a successful track record delivering large scale schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed use sectors.
We are an award winning AJ100-listed, RTPI and RIBA & CIAT Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide over multiple years. We are a lively and sociable practice of over 120 people with studios in London and the Midlands. We take the development and well-being of our staff seriously, and offer great career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with and active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for a passionate planner with confident communication skills, strong professional curiosity, practical common sense, and an instinct for client care. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, innovative, organised, possess good negotiation and forensic analytical skills and still be able to work well under pressure.
We offer a unique opportunity to work for a social and dynamic design practice and provide our staff with excellent benefits and scope for career development and a chance to work on some of the biggest schemes in London and across the South East. Our team of 9 planners sits within a wider studio of 80 architects offering the chance to be part of an exciting design environment.
Education or Experience
- Qualified to degree level (RTPI accredited degree)
- Member of/or working towards membership of the RTPI
- Preferred minimum 2 years post degree qualification experience in the private sector or more experienced public sector candidates with good commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of planning regulations, practices and procedures
- Familiarity with the London/ South East planning environment would be advantageous
- Responsible for preparing Planning Appraisals, Planning Statements and other supporting material
- Undertaking research tasks
- Drafting advice letters/reports and correspondence with external agencies
- Day-to-day management of planning projects including liaising with other in-house and external disciplines
- Attendance at external project meetings
- First point of contact for client and consultant team members on projects
- Co-ordinating planning application submissions
- Updating internal planning bulletin
- Planning CPD presentations to architectural colleagues
- Supporting the Head of Planning, Associate Planners and Senior Planners in all aspects of the business
You will report to the Planning Partner
London is an exciting, creative place to work, but we recognise the financial pressures facing colleagues starting their career and the cost involved in living and working here. At BPTW we offer a competitive salary plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- £1,000 interest free loan to assist with relocation costs
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Senior Planner”