Based in Greenwich, South East London, BPTW are award-winning architects and urban designers specialising in residential-led development and mixed-use regeneration projects. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are a lively and sociable practice of over 120 people, an AJ100-listed practice and have been recognised as one of the top Architectural employers in the UK by BD and Building Magazine over multiple years. Our values guide the way we work and interact with clients, partners, local communities, and with each other: collaborative; passionate; nurturing; creative; respectful; and sociable. Promoted across the practice, these are an intrinsic part of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with a wheelchair accessible studio and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Passionate about Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, we have a dedicated EDI group, active career development programmes and a commitment to delivering social value in our work.
Due to exciting growth and review of the practice structure, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Marketing and Bids Manager to steer our Marketing and Bids functions within the practice, co-ordinating and writing bid submissions and implementing marketing and PR initiatives. The role will be roughly split 50/50 between bids and marketing.
The role will involve reporting to and working closely with our senior management team and building strong relationships internally and externally, managing high-quality bid and tender submissions, leading in the support and delivery of marketing campaigns, managing events, PR, e-communications, social media, internal and external comms, and general marketing functions.
You must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, should be self-motivated, highly organised and be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. We are looking for someone with the ability to think creatively, generate ideas that will demonstrate an understanding of the needs of our clients, and deliver a competitive advantage for BPTW in our marketing and bid work. A significant element of the role will include writing bid responses and other marketing content and applicants should be proficient writers.
Applicants must be educated to degree level or hold equivalent professional qualifications or experience, with relevant experience in architecture, construction or related built environment fields offering a distinct advantage. A track record working on bid and tender processes is crucial, as is a proven ability to manage work of others, and build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Strategic and creative aptitude
- Excellent writing ability
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Works to strict deadlines and can coordinate a multitude of tasks effectively
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- A motivated self-starter
- Works well within a team environment
- Comfortable building relationships at partner level and with senior members of staff
- Ability to manage others
- A track record managing and co-ordinating bid and tender submissions, with a strong understanding of bid processes and the ability to influence these
- A high standard of writing with the ability to communicate convincingly, adapting your style for different types of written content and audiences, including bids.
- Experience delivering tactical marketing campaigns and activities
- Experience in the built-environment industry
- Educated to degree level in English, Marketing, Communications, Business, or similar field, or with an architecture background
- Experience with e-communications and social media
- Experience co-ordinating client relations and business development programmes
- Experience of event management
- Ability to manage others, critically assess and appraise their work
- A critical visual eye with the ability to easily understand, interrogate and appreciate architectural images and material would be beneficial
- Experience in Indesign is desirable
- CIM or APMP qualifications would be beneficial
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing a team of 4 or 5 marketing, graphics and bid staff
- Bid management, writing and marketing content creation
- Manage and co-ordinate our bid and tender processes and submissions
- Review bid opportunities
- Lead on the implementation of a wide range of Marketing & Business Development activities within the practice including PR, awards, photography briefs, presentations, and other marketing collateral
- Deliver specific external marketing campaigns
- Build and manage relationships with our external membership networks
- Producing project marketing communications material
- Event management
- Lead BPTW’s content calendar for web, e-marketing and social media communication
- Work with Partners on new BD/Marketing campaigns and opportunities and assist with the development of these
In return we offer an opportunity to work in an exciting and stimulating environment alongside creative individuals in our studios overlooking Deptford Creek and offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role involves reporting directly to the practice partners, working closely with the wider Senior Management team and managing our marketing and graphics staff.
The role is full time working from our studios in Greenwich, London.
A competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience), plus a range of excellent benefits, including , but not limited to:
- Health scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free financial advice
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Allowances for continuous professional development
- Annual salary reviews
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have applied for the role, and detailing your relevant experience relating to the personal attributes and essential skills. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Senior Marketing and Bids Manager”
Please note we are unable to support applications that require current or future employment visa sponsorship.
Please clearly state your right to work in the UK on your application.