BPTW is an award winning AJ100-listed practice specialising in architecture and town planning consultancy. We are a vibrant and diverse Investors in People-accredited organisation, an Equal Opportunities employer and consistently one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine. Our rapidly-expanding planning team was ‘Planning Consultancy of the Year 2018’, recognising us as one of the Capital’s leading practices.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are looking for a passionate planner with confident communication skills, strong professional curiosity and a drive to deliver projects for our clients. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, innovative, organised, possess good negotiation and forensic analytical skills and still be able to work well under pressure.
We offer a unique opportunity to work for a social and dynamic design practice and provide our staff with excellent benefits and scope for career development and a chance to work on some of the biggest schemes in London and across the South East. Our team of 10 planners sits within a wider studio of 80 architects offering the chance to be part of an exciting design environment.
Education or Experinece
- Qualified to degree level (RTPI accredited degree)
- Member of/or working towards membership of the RTPI
- Preferred minimum 2 years post degree qualification experience in either the public or private sectors
- Knowledge of planning regulations, practices and procedures
- Familiarity with the London/ South East planning environment would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong research skills
- Possess design and commercial awareness
- Effective in a team environment and able to work closely with other disciplines
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Effective workload management
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for preparing Planning Appraisals, Planning Statements and other supporting material
- Undertaking research tasks
- Drafting advice letters/reports and correspondence with external agencies
- Day-to-day management of planning projects including liaising with other in-house and external disciplines
- Attendance at external project meetings
- First point of contact for client and consultant team members on projects
- Co-ordinating planning application submissions
- Updating internal planning bulletin
- Planning CPD presentations to architectural colleagues
- Supporting the Head of Planning, Associate Planners and Senior Planners in all aspects of the business
You will report to the Planning Associate.
London is an exciting, creative place to work, but we recognise the financial pressures facing colleagues starting their career and the cost involved in living and working here. At BPTW we are offering a salary range starting around £33,000 (dependent on experience) plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- £1,000 interest free loan to assist with relocation costs
- A £500 bonus on joining the practice
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of “Planner”.