BPTW is an established, award winning design led practice offering architectural, planning consultancy, and visualisation services. Based in Greenwich, we work in a studio-based environment and are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual looking for a great opportunity to develop their career in Information Systems and Technology.
We have well established procedures and are looking to recruit with in IT support. The role would ideally suit a graduate/trainee with a relevant qualification from either 6th form college or university with an aptitude for IT but has had relatively limited work experience seeking a new challenge and opportunity with excellent training support.
We use a wide range of software including Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoDesk Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Lumion, and Sketch-up. There is the potential for the right individual to progress to take on a role providing CAD/BIM support to our design teams working closely with our dedicated Revit/BIM team. BPTW are PC based with in a windows server environment so knowledge in this area is essential.
Key role focus
To play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of IT systems within the practice. Working closely with the current part-time IT support graduate and sharing duties/responsibilities.
Terms of employment
The role is a permanent role to provide full time IT support, however we would consider part time applications.
This position will be placed at our Greenwich Office, but the candidate may be required to travel to other UK locations.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and to be able to coordinate with multiple teams
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently
- Willingness to learn
- Good verbal and email communication skills
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active approach with good multi-tasking attributes
- Aptitude and interest in computers and technology related to its application in a design based working environment.
- To have studied an Information Technology based subject in college or university.
- To have experience of Revit/AutoCAD/BIM software
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience in the architectural, design or construction industry
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Deploying new hardware and software to the office
- Maintenance and development of servers and network systems including backups and business.
- Phone system maintenance and support
- Mobile phone configuration
- Software configuration and customisation
- General support for architectural, planning and support teams
- Assist in CAD and BIM operations
Partner/Associate, Design Technology
London is an exciting, creative place to work, but we recognise the financial pressures facing students starting their career and the cost involved in living and working here. Negotiable based on experience, we offer a competitive starting salary plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
- Contributions towards recognised courses and an allowance for study time
If you would like to apply to work with us please send a covering letter explaining why you feel you would be the right person to take on this role together with your CV. The salary for this position is negotiable but it would be helpful if you could indicate your salary expectation in your covering letter.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome all applications.