BPTW is an established design-led architecture and planning practice with a successful track record delivering major regeneration schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed-use sectors.
We offer a unique opportunity to work for a social and dynamic practice and provide our staff with excellent benefits and scope for career development and a chance to work on some of the biggest schemes in London and across the South East and Midlands.
We are looking for a highly motivated Information Manager with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a practical working knowledge of the UK BIM Framework and ISO 19650 standards. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience in applying the ISO 19650 standards on projects along with experience with client documents such as OIR/EIR/AIR/PIRs. Client facing experience is needed along with presentation skills. The ideal candidate must be able to present experience in acting as a client appointed Information/BIM Manager, ideally through all RIBA work stages. BIM consultancy experience would also be beneficial.
Education or experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as BIM Coordinator/Information Manager, with at least 2 years at a senior level.
- Writing and evaluation skill.
- Ability to communicate complex processes in simple terms both written and verbally.
- Expert level of knowledge in Autodesk Revit and associated AutoDesk AEC suite software.
- Background in the construction industry. Experience with residential housing and an architectural background is preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and work on own initiative.
- Highly adaptive and proven ability in efficient prioritisation.
- Highly organised and with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience working to ISO19650.
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Act as client appointment BIM/Information Manager on projects across all RIBA stages.
- Provide BIM Consultancy services to client including BIM documentation creation.
- Present to clients and industry bodies.
- Assist Design Technology Partner in management duties and business generation.
- Assist with project kick-off including creation of BIM Execution Plan/Information Delivery Plans working with BIM Coordinators. Support and disseminate the information requirements to the project team and keep records of projects and associated design tools being used.
- Support external and internal stakeholders regarding any technical issues and improvement suggestions.
- Develop and continually improve office BIM standards and procedures. To include research and reporting on potential implementation of new technologies and software.
Fulltime, permanent contract.
You will report to the Partner, Design Technology.
The salary band is flexible based on experience, plus a range of excellent benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
- Contributions towards recognised courses and an allowance for study time
With studios in London and the Midlands, the role will be based predominantly from our studios in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
BPTW is an award winning AJ100-listed, CIAT, RTPI and RIBA Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide over multiple years. We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications.
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Information Manager”