BPTW is an established design-led practice with a successful track record delivering major regeneration schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed use sectors.
We are an award winning AJ100-listed, CIAT, RTPI and RIBA Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide over multiple years. We are a lively and sociable practice of over 120 people with studios in London and the Midlands. We take the development and well-being of our staff seriously, and offer great career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with and active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for a Graphics Assistant to work within its creative and fun Graphics team. The candidate will provide support across the practice including but not limited to our Architectural Design Groups, Planning and Marketing teams. With a wide range of activities, the role of Graphics Assistant will differ depending on the organisation needs. We are looking for a sociable person who is able to work as part of a team with good communications skills as the nature of the role will require them to work with staff at all levels in the organisation. The candidate will need to be able to pick up new skills quickly as well as being eager to learn from others. The role is pitched at entry level and would suit a recent graduate.
- Assisting with the preparation of internal documents to ensure they adhere to guidelines and form a family of documents
- Ensuring that brand identity follows guidelines across the practice
- Assisting with preparing a library of documents and ensuring these are regularly updated
- Creating printed and digital marketing documents
- Assisting Architectural teams in creating bid/competition documents and 2d graphic work
- Assisting the marketing and architecture teams in producing tender, submission documents and presentations
- Keeping the Image library in our document management system up to date
Day to day activities include:
- Producing documents/reports for teams as required
- Assisting with bespoke marketing material
- Producing material for use at external consultation events
- Assisting with the archiving of old documents
- Ensuring documents are correctly filed
- Assisting with the management of the office image library
- Photography to include photographing events, people and editing of images
- Ability to use graphic design software – good knowledge of Creative Adobe Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom
- Knowledge of video editing software such as Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of social media
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/Muse an advantage
- Personal interest in Arts and Design
- Creative and able/willing to communicate creative ideas
- Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and work on own initiative
- Highly organised and eager to learn
- Exceptional attentive to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Highly adaptive and proven ability in efficient prioritisation
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- A degree in graphic design is advantageous although other art and design subjects will be accepted.
You will report to the Graphic Design Manager and Strategic Partner.
This is an opportunity to join a social and dynamic multi-disciplinary practice. We offer scope for career development and excellent benefits including a health scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, annual bonuses and salary reviews, medical cover, pension contribution and regular social events.
The post is considered to be a full time position. The salary band is flexible based on experience.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
Please email a copy of your CV, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Graphics Assistant”