BPTW is an award winning AJ100-listed practice specialising in architecture and planning. Accredited with Investors in People, which distinguishes the contribution that the practice invests into staff, we are an Equal Opportunities employer and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide for the last 4 years.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are looking for a highly motivated graduate planner with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to work alongside our team of planners. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, innovative, organised, possess good negotiation skills and be able to work well under pressure. Applicants must be working towards their MRTPI accreditation.
We offer a unique opportunity to work for a social and dynamic multi-disciplinary practice and provide our staff with excellent benefits and scope for career development and a chance to work on some of the biggest schemes in London and across the South East.
Education or Experience
- Qualified to degree level (RTPI accredited degree)
- Licentiate member of RTPI working towards MRTPI accreditation
- Knowledge of planning regulations, practices and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong research skills
- Effective in a team environment and able to work closely with other disciplines
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Effective workload management
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of Planning Appraisals, Planning Statements and other supporting material
- Undertaking research tasks
- Drafting advice letters/reports and correspondence with external agencies
- Assist with the day-to-day management of planning projects including liaising with other in-house and external disciplines
- Co-ordinating planning application submissions
- Supporting the Head of Planning, Associate Planners and Senior Planners in all aspects of the business
You will report to the Planning Associate
London is an exciting, creative place to work, but we recognise the financial pressures facing students starting their career and the cost involved in living and working here. At BPTW we offer a starting salary of £26,500 plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- £1,000 interest free loan to assist with relocation costs
- A £500 bonus on joining the practice
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Graduate Planner”