BPTW is an award winning AJ100-listed practice specialising in architecture and planning. Accredited with Investors in People, which distinguishes the contribution that the practice invests into staff, we are an Equal Opportunities employer and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide for the last 4 years.
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Architectural Assistants who are looking to develop their career within a dynamic and sociable practice. The successful candidate should have relevant experience working within a UK architectural environment.
Excellent communication skills are essential as the role will require liaison with clients and consultants. Our office operates in a unique studio environment, so it is imperative that you are comfortable and effective working within teams. You should be motivated and demonstrate ambition and initiative to work with minimal supervision. Your role will require the ability to work to deadlines and carrying out multiple tasks.
You will need to demonstrate
- Large scale residential and regeneration experience
- Proven design experience in practice
- Design and hand-drawing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Knowledge of software such as Photoshop, InDesign and Sketchup
- Working knowledge of Revit essential
- Knowledge of current UK Building Regulations
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and outstanding communication skills
You will report to the Partner/Associate
London is an exciting, creative place to work, but we recognise the financial pressures facing students starting their career and the cost involved in living and working here. Negotiable based on experience, we offer a competitive starting salary plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket
- Pension Contribution of 3%
- Contributions towards recognised Part III courses and an allowance for study time
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter with a selection of residential work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Experienced Architectural Assistant”