BPTW is an award winning AJ100-listed practice specialising in architecture and town planning consultancy. We are a vibrant and diverse Investors in People-accredited organisation, an Equal Opportunities employer and consistently one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
You will be responsible for document control activities, as detailed below, arising on architectural projects, and ensuring related activities are carried out in a satisfactory and accurate manner. You will support the IT and BIM/Revit Team in any related duties.
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Able to work within a team or independently
- Previous experience in a document control role or similar
- Experience using extranet systems
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Excel formulas such as If statements and VLookup
- Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of ISO19650-1 & 2
- Knowledge of ISO9001
- Experience preparing files from Revit
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Use of internal and external extranet systems used by the architectural teams
- Uploading and downloading of drawings and other associated information
- Liaise with consultant teams and manage all incoming and outgoing information
- Completing transmittal reports for documentation to ensure an accurate log of information
- Filing of drawings and other associated information
- Collating and uploading comments from the project team onto the extranet system
- Performing audits on documents to ensure they are properly submitted and adhere to QA and BIM procedures, ensuring that the architectural teams comply with the document management procedures
- Performing filing audits to ensure our folder structure is adhered to
- Promoting standardised formatting across all controlled documents
- Monitoring the technical approval process
- Translate CAD/Revit files to other formats
- Prepare Revit and CAD files for external issue
- Create Revit families for the architectural teams
- Enforce the CAD/Revit and BIM procedures with the Revit and IT Team
- Assist with troubleshooting CAD/Revit issues
- Create excel templates for office use
- Use dynamo to extract data from Revit files
- Produce project programmes using Microsoft Project
- Undertake internal audits for our ISO9001 accreditation
- Identify areas for improvement in procedures and workflows to the line manager
- Support the Associate of BIM & Digital Construction and Partner with any other reasonable tasks as necessary
You will report to the Associate, BIM & Digital Construction.
This is an opportunity to join a social and dynamic multi-disciplinary practice. We offer scope for career development and excellent benefits including a Health scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, annual bonuses and salary reviews, medical cover, pension contribution and regular social events. The post is a full-time position. The salary band is flexible based on experience.
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of ‘Document Controller’