BPTW is an award-winning architectural design practice specialising in mixed tenure residential development and working with local communities. We are a lively and sociable design-led practice of over 130 people with our main studio in West Greenwich, London.
We have a successful track record delivering schemes varying in size from relatively small projects to the re-planning of entire neighbourhoods, and are market leaders in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed-use sectors. With specialisms in Architecture, Planning and BIM services, we take the development and wellbeing of our staff seriously, offering great career development opportunities and roles. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an award winning AJ100-listed, RIBA, CIAT and RTPI chartered practice, and were named ‘Architectural Employer of the Year’ at Building Design’s Architect of the Year Awards 2021. Our values guide the way we work and interact with our clients, partners, local communities, and with each other: collaborative; passionate; nurturing; creative; respectful; and sociable. Promoted across the practice, these are an intrinsic part of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for a Document Controller to join our growing architecture practice in Greenwich. The candidate will be responsible for document control activities, as detailed below, arising on architectural projects, and ensuring related activities are carried out in a satisfactory and accurate manner. This role will support the IT and BIM/Revit Team in any related duties.
Education or Experience
- Previous experience in a document control role, or similar
- Experience using Microsoft products including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project would be beneficial
- Knowledge of ISO19650-1 & 2
- Knowledge of ISO9001
- Experience preparing files from Revit
- Use of internal and external extranet systems used by the architectural teams
- Uploading and downloading of drawings and other associated information
- Liaising with consultant teams and managing all incoming and outgoing information
- Completing transmittal reports for documentation to ensure an accurate log of information
- Filing of drawings and other associated information
- Archiving of completed project information
- Collating and uploading comments from the project team onto the extranet systems
- Performing audits on documents to ensure they are properly submitted and adhere to QA and BIM procedures, ensuring that the architectural teams comply with the document management procedures
- Performing filing audits to ensure our folder structure is adhered to
- Promoting standardised formatting across all controlled documents
- Monitoring the technical approval process
- Translating CAD/Revit files to other formats and preparing for external issue
- Enforcing the CAD/Revit and BIM procedures with the Revit and IT Team
- Using dynamo to extract data from Revit files
- Creating Excel templates for office use
- Producing project programmes using Microsoft Project
- Undertaking internal audits for our ISO9001 accreditation
- Identifying areas for improvement in procedures and workflows to the line manager
- Supporting the Partner with any other reasonable tasks as necessary
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Able to work within a team or independently
You will report to the Digital Technology Partner.
London is an exciting, creative place to work, but we recognise the financial pressures facing colleagues starting their career and the cost involved in living and working here. At BPTW we offer a competitive salary plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- £1,000 interest free loan to assist with relocation costs
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income Protection)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension contribution of 3%
To apply please send us a letter by email to email@example.com with details of your experience, qualification level and current location. When emailing please include in the subject line the role you are apply for e.g. ‘Document Controller’.
Please include A copy of your CV & clearly state your right to work in the UK in your application. Please note we are currently unable to support applications that require current or future employment visa sponsorship.
Further information is available at firstname.lastname@example.org