BPTW is an award winning AJ100-listed practice specialising in architecture and planning. Accredited with Investors in People, which distinguishes the contribution that the practice invests into staff, we are an Equal Opportunities employer and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide for the last 4 years.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives. We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are looking for a highly motivated BIM Coordinator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to work closely with the architectural design groups in supporting project-based Revit and AutoCAD use, and continuously improving our in-house standards. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, innovative, organised and be able to work well under pressure.
We offer a unique opportunity to work for a social and dynamic practice and provide our staff with excellent benefits and scope for career development and a chance to work on some of the biggest schemes in London and across the South East.
Education or Experience:
- A minimum of two years of experience working as a BIM Coordinator or similar role
- Expert level of knowledge in Autodesk Revit and associated AutoDesk AEC suite software
- Background in architectural design with working knowledge and experience
- Experience and highly skilled in training staff in Revit use
- Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and work on own initiative
- Highly adaptive, and proven ability in efficient prioritisation
- Knowledge and experience in Dynamo scripting preferable
- Highly organised and with exceptional attentive to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working to ISO19650 preferable
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide architectural project delivery and technical support. Supporting Design groups as required with drawing tasks and schedule preparation in Revit and CAD
- Setup Revit projects using office standards and templates
- Troubleshooting issues with models and drawing files
- Creating family components for use by architectural teams
- Carry out regular project model reviews and audits to ensure adherence to office standards and feedback to project team members and design technology partner
- Assist with project kick-off including creation of BIM Execution Plan/Project Delivery Plans working with BIM and Digital Construction associate. Support and disseminate the information requirements to the project team and keep records of projects and associated design tools being used.
- Ensure models conform with BPTW Revit/BIM standards/methods and processes.
- Provide training to architectural staff in software use and methods/processes
- Support external and internal stakeholders regarding any technical issues and improvement suggestions
- Develop and continually improve office Revit standards and procedures. To include research and reporting on potential implementation of new technologies and software.
You will report to the Associate, BIM and Digital Construction
This is an opportunity to join a social and dynamic practice. We offer scope for career development and excellent benefits including a Health scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, annual bonuses and salary reviews, medical cover, pension contribution and regular social events. The post is a full-time position. The salary band is flexible based on experience.
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “BIM Coordinator”