BPTW is an award-winning architectural design practice specialising in mixed tenure residential development and working with local communities. We are a lively and sociable design-led practice of over 130 people with our main studio in West Greenwich, London.
We have a successful track record delivering schemes varying in size from relatively small projects to the re-planning of entire neighbourhoods, and are market leaders in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed-use sectors. With specialisms in Architecture, Planning and BIM services, we take the development and wellbeing of our staff seriously, offering great career development opportunities and roles. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an award winning AJ100-listed, RIBA, CIAT and RTPI chartered practice, and were named ‘Architectural Employer of the Year’ at Building Design’s Architect of the Year Awards 2021. Our values guide the way we work and interact with our clients, partners, local communities, and with each other: collaborative; passionate; nurturing; creative; respectful; and sociable. Promoted across the practice, these are an intrinsic part of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for a highly motivated BIM Coordinator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to work closely with the architectural design groups in supporting project-based Revit and AutoCAD use, and continuously improving our in-house standards. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, innovative, organised and be able to work well under pressure.
Education or experience
- A minimum of two years of experience working as a BIM Coordinator or similar role
- Expert level of knowledge in Autodesk Revit and associated AutoDesk AEC suite software
- Background in architectural design with working knowledge and experience
- Experience and highly skilled in training staff in Revit use
- Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and work on own initiative
- Highly adaptive, and proven ability in efficient prioritisation
- Knowledge and experience in Dynamo scripting preferable
- Highly organised and with exceptional attentive to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working to ISO19650 preferable
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide architectural project delivery and technical support. Supporting Design groups as required with drawing tasks and schedule preparation in Revit and CAD
- Setup Revit projects using office standards and templates
- Troubleshooting issues with models and drawing files
- Creating family components for use by architectural teams
- Carry out regular project model reviews and audits to ensure adherence to office standards and feedback to project team members and design technology partner
- Assist with project kick-off including creation of BIM Execution Plan/Project Delivery Plans working with BIM and Digital Construction associate. Support and disseminate the information requirements to the project team and keep records of projects and associated design tools being used.
- Ensure models conform with BPTW Revit/BIM standards/methods and processes.
- Provide training to architectural staff in software use and methods/processes
- Support external and internal stakeholders regarding any technical issues and improvement suggestions
- Develop and continually improve office Revit standards and procedures. To include research and reporting on potential implementation of new technologies and software.
This is an opportunity to join a social and dynamic practice. We offer scope for career development and excellent benefits including a Health scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, annual salary reviews, medical cover, pension contribution and regular social events. The post is a full-time position. The salary band is flexible based on experience.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
To apply please send us a letter by email to email@example.com with details of your experience, qualification level and current location. When emailing please include in the subject line the role you are apply for e.g. ‘BIM Coordinator’.
Please include a copy of your CV
Please also clearly state your right to work in the UK in your application. Please note we are currently unable to support applications that require current or future employment visa sponsorship.
Further information is available at firstname.lastname@example.org