BPTW is an established design-led practice with a successful track record delivering major regeneration schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed use sectors.
We are an award winning AJ100-listed, CIAT, RTPI and RIBA Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide over multiple years. We are a lively and sociable practice of over 120 people with studios in London and the Midlands. We take the development and well-being of our staff seriously, and offer great career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities, and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, passionate about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for a highly motivated Marketing and Bids Coordinator to help steer our Bids and Marketing functions within the practice, co-ordinating our bid submissions and implementing marketing, business development and PR initiatives. The role will be split roughly 50:50 between marketing coordination and bid work.
The role will involve working closely with our senior management team and building strong relationships internally and externally, assisting in the delivery of our marketing plan, coordinating events, co-ordinating high-quality bid and tender submissions, working on our PR, e-communications, social media, internal and external comms and general marketing functions.
You must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, should be self-motivated, highly organised and be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. We are looking for someone with the ability to think creatively, generate ideas that will demonstrate an understanding of the needs of our clients and those we work with.
Applicants must be educated to degree level, with at least 2 years experience within the built environment sector. Experience working on bid and tender processes is crucial, as is a proven ability to multi task, co-ordinate the work of others, and build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic and creative aptitude
- A motivated self-starter
- Works well within a team environment
- Works to strict deadlines and can coordinate a multitude of tasks effectively
- Comfortable building relationships at partner level and with senior members of staff
- Experience co-ordinating bid and tender submissions, with a strong understanding of bid processes
- Marketing experience
- Experience overseeing the work of others is desirable
- Experience in the built-environment industry – architecture, construction or similar
- Educated to degree level in English, marketing, communications, business, or similar field
- Experience with e-communications and social media
- Experience co-ordinating client relationship activities
- Experience of event management
- Ability to critically assess the work of others
- A visual eye with the ability to appreciate architectural images and material would be beneficial
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee the work of our Marketing and BD Assistant, and co-ordinate the work of our Bid and Content Writers
- Brief and coordinate the work of our graphics team
- Co-ordinate our bid and tender processes and submissions
- Lead on the implementation of a wide range of Marketing & Business Development activities within the practice including PR, awards, photography briefs, presentations, and other marketing collateral
- Deliver specific external marketing campaigns
- Coordinate the work of external PR Consultants
- Build and manage relationships with our external membership networks
- Produce project marketing communications material
- Event management
- Weekly oversight of BPTW’s content calendar for web, e-marketing and social media communication
- Work with the BD and Marketing team and partners on new business development opportunities and assist with the development of these
In return we offer an opportunity to work in an exciting and stimulating environment alongside creative individuals in our recently built new offices overlooking Deptford Creek and offering a competitive salary and benefits package with flexible working hours and arrangements.
Fulltime, permanent contract.
Salary – £33K -£37k depending on experience, plus a range of excellent benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
- Contributions towards recognised courses and an allowance for study time
You will report to the Senior Associate – Business Development and Marketing.
The role will be from our London studio based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to Central London.
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have applied for the role, and detailing your relevant experience relating to the personal attributes and essential skills. Please send your application to email@example.com with the title of “Marketing and Bids Coordinator”.