BPTW is an established design-led practice with a successful track record delivering major regeneration schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed use sectors.
Committed to creating places that transform lives, the practice has a reputation for designing high quality homes with a contemporary and distinctive appearance that meet the needs and aspirations of residents. With an approach based on robust urban design principles, BPTW has considerable experience of working collaboratively in partnership with designers and developers, a strong commercial understanding, and a commitment to sustainable placemaking.
An award winning AJ100-listed CIAT and RIBA Chartered practice BPTW specialises in architecture and planning consultancy, and is accredited with Investors in People recognising the contribution the practice invests in its staff, and recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide.
Our office next to Deptford Creek is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a 2 minute walk from Greenwich DLR and train station from which trains reach central London in 10 minutes. We are a lively and sociable practice, committed to the development and well-being of our staff. We offer outstanding career development opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Bid Writer to join our Architecture and Planning Consultancy practice based in Greenwich, South-East London. Working alongside the Business Development, Marketing and Graphics team the role will involve coordinating bids and writing creative, imaginative and effective responses to produce high quality written submissions and reporting directly to the partner responsible for business development and marketing.
- Writing high-quality proposal documents, including producing, coordinating, editing and proofing written content
- Actively participating in story boarding, brainstorming and development of strategic themes
- Coordinating bids and working alongside bid teams including partners and directors to produce concise responses to questions with relevant evidence
- Writing draft responses within tight deadlines
- Amending responses based on review feedback. Responsible for proof reading final material and providing technical and commercial writing skills where required
- Ensuring all writing is prepared in line with programme requirements
- Briefing the graphics team and ensuring submissions are of the highest quality and aligned with practice values and branding
- Ad hoc writing to support the practice
- Reviewing tender opportunities including OJEU notices
- Contributing to bid teams at key stages, gathering information from design teams and compiling high quality relevant responses
- Drafting and developing proposals with relevant design and technical information
- Collecting and writing evidence from projects, including detailed case studies of individual projects
- Establishing good working relationships with staff from design teams across the practice
- Being involved in wider submissions process as and when required
- Monitoring and reporting on success of bids submitted
Experience and Qualifications
- Preferably degree qualified in a subject with a high focus on creating high quality written work
- Knowledge of Bid Writing within the architecture, planning or construction industry and an ability to translate specialist and technical knowledge into persuasive and compelling written material
- Proven track record in the sector or similar role
- Exceptional writing, editing, and copy-writing skills
- Excellent English language (vocabulary), grammar and communication skills
- Be a team player and able to work as part of a large team, but also self-disciplined to work independently when required
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout South-East England on occasion
- Adaptable and able to deal with changing requirements and deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft and other desktop publishing software packages
- Flexibility to meet time pressures and deadlines to deliver high quality submissions on time
- Excellent organisational skills
- A naturally inquisitive nature to challenge ideas and provide new innovative solutions
- Display a creative flair in their writing and ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control
In return we offer an opportunity to work in an exciting and stimulating environment alongside creative individuals in our recently built new offices overlooking Deptford Creek and offering a competitive salary and benefits package with flexible working hours and arrangements.
Negotiable based on experience, we offer a competitive starting salary plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
- Contributions towards recognised courses and an allowance for study time
Please email a covering letter, CV and a selection of your work to email@example.com stating the position you are applying for in the title along with your salary expectation.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications.