BPTW is an established design-led practice of 120 people, with a successful track record delivering major regeneration schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in residential, urban design and mixed use sectors.
An award winning AJ100-listed CIAT and RIBA Chartered practice BPTW specialises in architecture and planning consultancy and is recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employers Guide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Bid and Content Writer to join our award winning architecture and planning consultancy practice based in Greenwich, South-East London. Working alongside the business development, marketing and graphics team the role will involve writing creative, imaginative and effective responses to produce high quality bid and tender submissions. Whilst predominantly focused on bids, beyond this, the role will also involve writing content including thought leadership pieces, award submissions, e-bulletins and promotional and written content across BPTW’s website and social media platforms.
Education or Experience
- Preferably degree qualified in a subject with a high focus on creating high quality written work
- Knowledge of writing within the architecture, planning or construction industry would be a distinct advantage
- An ability to translate specialist and technical knowledge into persuasive and compelling written material
- Proven track record in the sector or similar role
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent English language (vocabulary), grammar and communication skills
- Be a team player and able to work as part of a large team, but also self-disciplined to work independently
- Ability to adapt your tone of writing for different audiences and purposes
- Adaptable and able to deal with changing requirements and deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft and other desktop publishing software packages
- Flexibility to meet time pressures and deadlines to deliver high quality submissions on time
- Excellent organisational skills
- A naturally inquisitive nature to challenge ideas and provide new innovative solutions
- Display a creative flair in their writing and ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control
- A critical visual eye, ability to easily understand, interrogate and appreciate architectural images and material would be beneficial
- Writing high-quality bid and proposal documents, including producing, coordinating, editing and proofing written content
- Actively participating in story boarding, brainstorming and development of strategic themes
- Coordinating bids and working alongside bid teams including architecture and planning consultancy partners and directors to produce concise responses to questions with relevant evidence, including detailed case studies of individual projects
- Gathering information from our design and planning consultancy teams and compiling high quality relevant responses with relevant design and technical information
- Writing draft responses within tight deadlines
- Amending responses based on review feedback. Responsible for proof reading final material and providing technical and commercial writing skills where required
- Ensuring all writing is prepared in line with programme requirements
- Assist in briefing the graphics team and ensuring submissions are of the highest quality and aligned with practice values and branding
- Reviewing tender opportunities
- Establishing good working relationships with staff from design teams across the practice
- Ad hoc writing to support the practice across a variety of requirements including technical and promotional content for projects and the practice, thought leadership pieces and other promotional content across our platforms and for a range of audiences/purposes; this will require the ability to adapt your tone of writing as appropriate.
You will report to the BD and Marketing Associate.
In return we offer an opportunity to work in an exciting and stimulating environment alongside creative individuals in our recently built new offices overlooking Deptford Creek and offering a competitive salary and benefits package with flexible working hours and arrangements.
BPTW is an established design-led practice with a successful track record delivering major regeneration schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed use sectors.
With studios in London and the Midlands, the role will be based predominantly from our studios in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to Central London.
BPTW is an award winning AJ100-listed, CIAT, RTPI and RIBA Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide over multiple years. We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
Salary up to £35k (depending on experience) plus a range of excellent benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
- Contributions towards recognised courses and an allowance for study time
This is a fulltime, permanent contract.
Please email a covering letter, CV and a selection of your work to email@example.com stating the position you are applying for in the title along with your salary expectation.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications.