BPTW is an award-winning architectural design practice specialising in mixed tenure residential development and working with local communities. We are a lively and sociable design-led practice of over 130 people with our main studio in West Greenwich, London.
We have a successful track record delivering schemes varying in size from relatively small projects to the re-planning of entire neighbourhoods, and are market leaders in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed-use sectors. With specialisms in Architecture, Planning and BIM services, we take the development and wellbeing of our staff seriously offering great career development opportunities and roles. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an award winning RTPI chartered practice, and were named ‘Architectural Employer of the Year’ at Building Design’s Architect of the Year Awards 2021. We were also recently shortlisted for ‘Planning Consultancy of the Year’ at the Planning Awards 2022. Our values guide the way we work and interact with our clients, partners, local communities, and with each other: collaborative; passionate; nurturing; creative; respectful; and sociable. Promoted across the practice, these are an intrinsic part of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Planner to join our growing team at Associate level.
You will be responsible for the commercial and profitable delivery of projects across London and the South East, whilst managing and supporting a growing team of planning professionals. In addition, you will be involved in the wider strategic business initiatives to support the ongoing growth and development of the practice.
This is a great opportunity to work for a social and dynamic design practice on some of the biggest schemes in London and across the South East. Our team of 8 planners sits within a wider studio of 80 architects offering the chance to be part of an exciting design environment, providing an excellent scope to develop your career.
Education or Experience
- Qualified to degree level (RTPI accredited degree)
- Member of/or working towards membership of the RTPI
- Minimum 4-5 years post degree qualification experience in the private sector – preferably within London
- Support the Planning Partner on project direction, wider strategy & commercial fee proposals
- Day-to-day management of planning projects including liaising with other in-house and external disciplines
- Co-ordinate planning application submissions
- Managing team resource projections & overseeing day to day team activity as appropriate to ensure effective project delivery
- Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of planning regulations, practices and procedures
- Ability to manage a team and nurture talent
- Proven business development skills
- Familiarity with the London/South East planning environment
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload and communicate requirements effectively
- Confident and positive attitude, with the ability to build relationships externally and across the practice
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and outstanding communication skills
You will report to the Partner.
London is an exciting, creative place to work, but we recognise the financial pressures facing colleagues starting their career and the cost involved in living and working here. At BPTW we offer a competitive salary plus a range of excellent benefits, including:
- £1,000 interest free loan to assist with relocation costs
- Regular design reviews, CPDs and social events
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
To apply please send us a letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your experience, qualification level and current location. When emailing please include in the subject line the role you are apply for e.g. ‘Associate Planner’.
- A copy of your CV
- A selection of your work (no more than 6 digital A3/A4 pages).
Please also clearly state your right to work in the UK in your application. Please note we are currently unable to support applications that require current or future employment visa sponsorship.
Further information is available at email@example.com