BPTW is an established design-led practice with a successful track record delivering major regeneration schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed use sectors.
We are an award winning AJ100-listed, CIAT, RTPI and RIBA Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s Good Employer Guide over multiple years. We are a lively and sociable practice of over 120 people with studios in London and the Midlands. We take the development and well-being of our staff seriously, and offer great career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer with and active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for an Assistant document controller to join our growing architecture practice in Greenwich. The candidate will be responsible for document control activities, as detailed below, arising on architectural projects, and ensuring related activities are carried out in a satisfactory and accurate manner. This role will support the IT and BIM/Revit Team in any related duties.
Education or experience
- Experience using Microsoft products including Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project would be beneficial.
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Able to work within a team or independently
Duties and responsibilities will include
- Use of internal and external extranet systems used by the architectural teams.
- Uploading and downloading of drawings and other associated information
- Liaise with consultant teams and manage all incoming and outgoing information
- Completing transmittal reports for documentation to ensure an accurate log of information
- Filing of drawings and other associated information
- Archiving of completed project information
- Collating and uploading comments from the project team onto the extranet systems
- Performing audits on documents to ensure they are properly submitted and adhere to QA and BIM procedures, ensuring that the architectural teams comply with the document management procedures
- Performing filing audits to ensure our folder structure is adhered to
- Promoting standardised formatting across all controlled documents
- Monitoring the technical approval process
- Translate CAD/Revit files to other formats and prepare for external issue
- Enforce the CAD/Revit and BIM procedures with the Revit and IT Team
- Use dynamo to extract data from Revit files
- Create excel templates for office use
- Produce project programmes using Microsoft Project
- Undertake internal audits for our ISO9001 accreditation
- Identify areas for improvement in procedures and workflows to the line manager
- Support the Partner with any other reasonable tasks as necessary
Partner, Design Technology
This is an opportunity to join a social and dynamic multi-disciplinary practice. We offer scope for career development and excellent benefits including a Health scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, annual bonuses and salary reviews, medical cover, pension contribution and regular social events. The post is a full-time position. The salary band is flexible based on experience.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to central London.
We are a lively and sociable practice who take the development and well-being of our staff seriously and offer outstanding career development opportunities. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of Document Controller